Acorn 4.0.4 May 21, 2013.
- Fixed a bug where applying a filter to a selection wouldn't work when using the menu item and the layer filters window wasn't already up.
- Fixed a bug where the layer thumbnail wasn't showing a moved selection in bitmap layers.
- Layers with the random noise filter added to it now look better when zoomed out.
- Fixed a bug where checking / unchecking the "preserve transparency" option in the random noise filter wouldn't always update the whole canvas.
- Fixed a bug where merging layers while doing a layer transform would cause your transform to be lost, instead of asking if you wanted to apply or commit it.
- The "New Layer from Selection" command will apply layer filters first for the new layer.
- Fixed a problem where you wouldn't get the right cursor while transforming a bitmap layer after rotating a little bit.
- Fixed some bugs with the Brush Designer where you couldn't enter zero for certain brush settings.
- You can now export brushes from the Brush Designer using the File ▸ Export… menu item.
- Fixed a bug where clearing a selection on a bitmap layer when it wasn't the active layer would sometimes cause cut out and moved bits to not be composited to the layer and - well, it's complicated. And now it's fixed.
- Fixed a crasher caused by closing the shape popover window by pressing the escape key and closing the main window later on.
- Certain selection commands will no longer throw up a sheet when working on locked files.
- Fixed a bug when resetting the Grid, Checkerboard, and Pixellate filters would cause the center point to show up in the wrong spot.
- Change: The Pixellate filter no longer clamps the input image to it's edges. The reason Acorn used to do this to stop the natural transparent edges from appearing. The reason why it was taken out was because it created all kinds of funky side effects with the non-destructive nature of the filters. If you're getting transparent edges, change the input center of the filter to a different value, or adjust the scale of the filter to be a whole multiple of the image size.
- Fixed a problem where the sheet was opening too high when saving a preset for the crop tool.
- Fixed some bugs relating to drag + drop from the layers list into the canvas, and option + drag (to make a copy of the current bitmap layer) directly in the canvas.
- Changed the new document tab order so that moving from the width field goes directly to the hight field, and then the unit popup after that.
- Fixed a glitch where moving the canvas from a retina to non retina display would cause the checkerboard background to move a little.
- Fixed a bug where the New View window was scaling incorrect when moving from a regular display to a retina display.
- Change: Window ▸ New View windows are now offset by 20pt from the original image instead of matching the frame exactly.
- Fixed a bug where the checkered background for the Window ▸ New View window wasn't drawing correctly on retina displays.
- Fixed a bug where the About box and Feedback window were stuck behind Acorn's welcome window.
- Fixed a bug where bezier shapes were drawing the wrong bounding boxes.
- Fixed a regression where filters weren't working on layer masks.
- Change: PSD files are now opened up as Untitled documents since Acorn won't ever save them in place (export only) and it also works better with autosave and versions support now.
- Fixed some problems when trying to use selection tools on layer masks that belonged to group and shape layers.
- Fixed a bug where the cursor wouldn't always update correctly when moving in and out of a selection.
- Fixed a bug where the option to turn of antialiasing for shapes wasn't working with the text tool.
- Fixed a bug where Acorn would sometimes restore an empty selection when opening a .acorn file.
- Fixed a bug where making a selection from a layer wouldn't update the selection size in the selection palette.
- Fixed a problem where the layers list would not scroll to the selected layer when you selected a new layer in the canvas.
- Better defaults for shape settings when you launch Acorn for the first time.
- Fixed a crasher that would sporadically happen when you register Acorn.
Acorn 4.0.3 May 7, 2013.
- Fixed a bug where App Store versions of Acorn wouldn't aways correctly save a .acorn file.
- Updated to the latest Vector Boolean sources which fixes some bugs when unioning shapes (Thanks Andy!).
- Fixed a bug where dragging multiple selected layers from the layers list into another canvas wouldn't copy all the layers.
- Change: When selecting a filter preset, you can now hold down the shift key to have it add to any existing filters on the layer.
- Fixed a bug where choosing a filter preset wouldn't update the display when you had a previous filter selected.
- Change: Acorn will no longer throw up a dialog box when using AppleScript to trim and there's no transparent pixels to trim to.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't set the color for a selected range in a text box.
- Fixed a bug where the Levels tool wouldn't work correctly with non-rectangular selections.
- Fixed a bug where the Exclude Paths command didn't always work with overlapping shapes.
- Fixed a bug where the levels histogram wasn't showing up correctly on MacBook Airs.
- Fixed a bug where the color and text palettes would incorrectly appear sometimes when pressign the tab key to unhide all the palettes (direct only).
Acorn 4.0.2 May 2nd, 2013.
- Fixed a bug where Merlin (the filter HUD) wouldn't always work correctly on first click on the canvas after adding a new filter.
- Fixed a bug where double clicking a text box when you had another shape selected at the same time would cause color changes on all the selected shapes.
- Fixed a bug where RAW import window wouldn't update the image when you typed in values for some of the input fields.
Acorn 4 May 2nd, 2013.
Tools get their own palette now.
It was getting cramped in there, so we broke out the tool icons into their own palette. In addition we updated a bunch of icons and made everything look better in general.
Layer styles and Filters sitting in a tree…
We rolled the layer styles and filters interface into a single non-modal window. This also means that filters are non destructive! You can still chain together filters like before, but now you can undo and redo your adjustments and even save them as part of your Acorn file. In addition to the filter settings being in a non modal window- you can now directly modify filter parameters right on the layer by dragging any little circles that show up when the filter window is present! (And if you'd like the previous filter window back for some reason- we're keeping it around for a little while- just hold down the option and command keys when choosing your filter from the Filters menu.)
The one exception where the filters window isn't modal (and is destructive) is when you are using a filter on a selection.
Curves Adjustments (finally!)
Acorn now has a Curves Adjustment tool, which you can get to from the Image ▸ Curves… menu. To add a new point on a curve, click on the curve and start dragging. To remove a point on a curve, drag it either left or right until it's past the location of the next point on the curve.
Vector tool improvements.
- We went a little crazy and the vector tools have been pretty much re-written. They work faster, there's a new direct anchor selection tool for bezier paths, and more.
- Boolean operations on shapes! Use union, subtract, intersect on selected shapes in a shape layer.
- You can now set the line join style of vector shapes to either, mitered, round, or beveled (using the View ▸ Quick Config Popover on selected shapes).
- You can now turn anti-aliasing on and off for shapes in the Quick Config Popover.
- You can now delete selected segments in a bezier shape by holding down the option key when pressing the delete key.
- Holding down the shift key when changing the control point for a bezier path element will now snap it to 45 degree increments from its home element.
- New Shape ▸ Outline Path menu item, that'll take the stroke of a shape and turn it into a bezier path.
- New Shape ▸ Add Points menu item that you can use on Bezier shapes to add more control points.
- If you have multiple shapes selected and choose Flip Horizontal or Vertical, the flip point will be the center of the all the selected graphics, and not the individual graphics.
- You can now select multiple shapes and rotate them all at once. Hold down the shift key to constrain the rotation to 45° increments.
- You can now select multiple shapes and resize them all at once! Hold down the shift key to keep the aspect ratio.
- New Shape menu to hold all the awesome new shape stuff.
- To select the next point in a bezier shape, press the > key. < will select the previous point. Holding down the shift key will keep the current selected points, and add the next one to the selection.
- New "Draw Shape Pixels/Outlines/Vectors" menu item under the View menu. Instead of stroking and filling all the shapes in the current shape layer, it'll draw the outline only (in outline mode), or scaled vectors (in vector mode), or pixels (which is the normal way tot do things). This can be super useful if you have lots of shapes you're trying to manage and manipulate when zoomed in.
- You can now undo and redo adding segments to a bezier shape. You can also reposition previous anchors while creating it as well.
- When making a new bezier path, you can now hold down the shift key to snap the next line segment to the closest 45° angle.
- The checkbox to turn a shape's stroke on or off has returned from a brief hiatus in Acorn 3.
- You can now use the arrow keys to move selected points in a bezier shape.
- If you're on a shape layer, you can hold down the option + command keys at the same time to copy styles from one shape to all the selected shapes.
- When selecting shapes on a shape layer with the move tool by dragging, shapes will draw their selection bounds as they are selected (or deselected).
- The little sheet that would come up when you made a new shape without dragging it out is now gone, and instead Acorn will insert a rect/oval/arrow/whatever of a reasonable size.
- Pressing delete on a shape layer without anything selected will remove all the shapes in the layer (which is similar to what bitmap layers do as well).
- When creating an oval or a rectangle shape, you can now press the spacebar to reposition the origin of the shape (which is similar to what you can do with canvas selections if you didn't already know that)
- If you have a shape layer copied to the clipboard, using the File ▸ New Image from Clipboard menu item will now make an image with a single shape layer (previously it created a bitmap layer).
- You can now set the size/width of bezier shapes using the shape tool palette.
- When duplicating vector shapes, the copy is now inserted right above the original instead at the very top of the shape layer.
- When adding a new point to a bezier shape, it's now selected so that you can move it with the arrow keys if you like.
Levels tool improvements.
The Levels window got a complete rewrite, with a gamma option (to control mid-tones) as well as an option to update the histogram live.
Compositing, filter previews, and everything in general is faster. Way faster Flood Fill, Magic Wand, and Instant Alpha tools. The Render Clouds filter got a little speed bump as well.
Multiple layer selection.
The layers list now allows you to select multiple layers. This means you can re-order, delete, move, or lock a bunch of layers at once.
Other great things worth mentioning.
- Acorn will now remember your selection when you save a file. This is awesome if you have a selection with some filters applied to it- and then quit. Then when you re-open the image, your selection is there, and you can still change the values of the filters to tweak it and such.
- You can now view a layer's mask. Just option click on the mask thumbnail in the layers list, and you will be able to view (and edit) it just like you would any other layer. This is super handy for being able to edit the mask directly.
- You can now export a document or single layer to a new .acorn file.
- Faster Acorn file saves by switching to using TIFF images for the composites (it's twice as fast at compressing than PNG, which was previously used).
- You can now drag and drop images from web browsers into Acorn's start window, and it'll open up a new window for you with the dragged image in it.
- You can now search for filters in the filter sheet picker. THIS IS AWESOME.
- If you've got multiple layers selected, using the move tool in the canvas will now move them all for you.
- Took out the pref to "Change palettes when using keyboard shortcuts" because it was dumb. It's always done now.
- Moving a shape layer with lots of graphics in it is now quite a bit faster.
- Change: When using the new document window, Acorn would look at the image on the clipboard and then autofill the dimensions. This is great, except if you modified those values then went to another app and back while it was up- it would autofill back in the dimensions on the clipboard. So it no longer does this. However- if you liked the old behavior, you can just type ⌘N again, and Acorn will autofill back in the values from the clipboard.
- When copying a layer and then pasting into into an open document, Acorn will also copy along the layer filters and layer mask associated with the image.
- You can now export a group layer as a PDF, and if there are only shape layers in there and on layer styles to be applied- it'll be a pure vector PDF.
- The 'b' and 'n' keys no longer toggle between the brush and pencil tools
- Split the combined Brush + Pencil palette up into their own palettes.
- When moving a shape a shape layer with the shift key down, it will no longer defer to snapping to guides since that can be pretty annoying.
- When changing layer filter values on the canvas, it now has the ability to snap to guides and canvas bounds.
- Hover over filter names and attributes for a tooltip that describes what it's all about.
- Removed the Geometry Adjustment filter category, since everything in there is possible using built in tools.
- The file browser window will now give you a warning when you open up a folder and it can't find any images in it.
- When assigning a color profile to your image, you now have an option to change the working color space. This is awesome if you use Acorn for painting! You can set the working color space to "Generic RGB Linear" and the blending of brushes and layers becomes more "painterly" like.
- Faster Acorn file saving by switching to using TIFF images for the composites (TIFF is twice as fast at compressing than PNG, which was previously used).
- New Grid filter which will… add a grid to your canvas. It's handy!
- New Random Noise… filter generator. It's really random.
- You can now drag and drop images from web browsers into Acorn's start window, and it'll open up a new window for you with the dragged image in it.
- Using the selection tools on a shape layer now gets a different look, since it's selecting vectors instead of pixels.
- The Offset and Wrap palette now has some buttons to re-center the image, and also to reset it.
- The Offset filter has been retired in favor of the Layer ▸ Rotate and Transform ▸ Offset and Wrap Layer menu item.
- "Layer Styles" has been renamed to "Layer Filters". Don't let the name change scare you- the new stuff is pretty amazing.
- When moving shapes or layers, you can now hold down the control key to temporarily disable bounds and guide snapping.
- When Acorn is in full screen mode, you can move the canvas anywhere in the screen using the hand tool (quick tip- hold down the space bar and move it around easily). This is handy when you are working on a very large image, and want the lower left corner to be in the middle of your monitor.
- The Edit ▸ Copy Merged menu item now uses the shortcut Control-Command-C (stolen from "Duplicate Shape").
- You'll now get a system notification when a file action script is finished running.
- The image resize sheet now has shortcut keys for selecting the various image resize algorithm (cmd-1, cmd-2, cmd-3)
- The options under the Preset Selections menu now respects the modifier keys when adding to an existing selection (shift=add, option=subtract, shift+option=intersect).
- The file extension is always shown now when exporting an image.
- If you have multiple layers selected and you add a canvas selection, nudging the selection with the move tool will now move that selection across all selected layers.
- New "Open Acorn's App Support Folder" menu item under the Help menu to get to things like custom plugins and saved brushes.
- When resizing your image using the nearest neighbor scaling algorithm, you can now have a width value that's different from a height value.
- Acorn 4 has a new bundle ID! This means that you can keep Acorn 3 around if you'd like, and Acorn 4 won't step on its preferences.
- The Monotone filter does a better job with alpha values now.
- Pressing the ESC key when making a zoom selection will cancel the action.
- Fixed the jaggy zoom box and shape selection box which showed up sometimes when zoomed in.
- You can now change the default grid spacing for a new documents with the following hidden pref:
defaults write com.flyingmeat.Acorn4 defaultGridSpacing 20
- When moving the canvas between a retina display and a non-retina display, Acorn will adjust the zoom level so that the physical dimensions on the screen don't change.
- The fill window will now remember your last selection between uses (i.e., either fill a color or from the clipboard).
- The file browser window will now give you a warning when you open up a folder and it can't find any images in it.
- No longer setting the default working colorspace for images. Don't worry if you have no idea what this means.
- Acorn is now built with Automatic Reference Counting. I realize you don't care and it probably doesn't even matter in the long run because Apple tends to kill off original technology sooner rather than later, but it was a bit of work and I thought it should be mentioned.
- Command-delete will now delete the selected layers (along with command-control--).
Stuff for Scripters:
- JSTalk scripts no longer need to call autorelease on Cocoa objects.
- New plugin API for scripters: - (CIImage*)renderedCIImage, which grabs a CIImage representation of the layer, with opacity, layer styles, mask, and other such things applied to it.
Acorn 3.5.1 January 22, 2013
- Fixed a bug where drawing with a selection on transparent pixels would come out incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where the delete AppleScript command wasn't working.
- Fixed a bug where the rectangle selection cursor was showing up in the wrong location.
- Fixed a bug where writing out a WebP image via AppleScript or JSTalk would always make the background black instead of white.
- Fixed a bug where using the Edit ▸ Fill menu to fill a layer with an image would sometimes not fill the entire image.
- Fixed a bug where taking your hand off the shift key when moving multiple layers inside a group layer would cause some to be moved by 10x (with the shift key down) and others by 1x.
- Fixed a bug where a unique combination of clicking the "trim" option in the web export window while also setting a scale would cause your image to be scaled in an odd manner.
- Fixed a bug where setting the opacity for a group layer would incorrectly apply it to layers below it as well.
- Fixed a bug where the View ▸ Zoom in / out menu items wouldn't work on a new canvas view window.
- Fixed problem where a single click with the selection tools wouldn't clear the current selection.
Acorn 3.5 October 9, 2012
- The magic wand selection tool now has an option for contiguous or non-contiguous selections. In addition to this, if you use the magic wand tool on a shape layer with the contiguous option turned off, it effectively works as a "select all shapes with this fill color" tool. Which is pretty rad if you have a bunch of shapes that you want to change the colors on.
- New File ▸ Layer Export… menu item, which will export a single layer out of Acorn. In addition to this, if you have a shape layer that you want to export and it doesn't have any layer styles associated with it, a pure vector PDF will be written out.
- The contextual menu now has a copy of the Layer ▸ Shape Align and Size menu for working with selected shapes quickly.
- New layer blend modes: Divide, Lighter Color, Darker Color, Hard Mix, and Subtract.
- New Generator ▸ Sunburst filter, which lets you make some awesome backgrounds.
New Stuff for Scripters:
- Guides are now drawn when you free rotate your canvas.
- In the Image Browser window (which you can open via File ▸ Open Folder… menu item), the little icons on either side of the zoom slider will now increase or decrease the zoom level of the preview images when clicked.
- The "Open Image in Acorn" service will now work with selected files when used from the Finder.
- If you're editing a file with Autosave + Versions turned on, and that file happens to be locked, Acorn will no longer warn you to duplicate it if you're only applying selections (which don't alter the image).
- Holding down the shift key while rotating when using the Layer ▸ Rotate and Transform ▸ Scale and Rotate menu item will snap the rotation to 45° increments.
- Increased the amount you can magnify an image with the zoom slider from 1000% to 2000%, which should help out Retina MBP owners. Pro tip: did you know you can click the little icons on either side of the slider to zoom in or out in a controlled fashion? And the zoom tool (shortcut key 'z') can zoom in even more than the slider!
- Remove FXG as an exportable image format, since Adobe seems to have abandoned it.
- Pressing the return or enter key on a shape layer no longer merges it down. Why did Acorn ever do this? I wish I knew, but it was on purpose.
- Slight change in behavior with Image ▸ Trim to Edges: If a bitmap layer has pixels outside the canvas bounds, they are no longer taken into account when trimming down the size of the image.
- The "Plus Lighter" blend mode was renamed to "Linear Dodge", to more closely match other image editors.
- The "Plus Darker" blend mode was renamed to "Linear Burn", to more closely match other image editors.
- The blend modes were reordered to more closely match other image editors.
Lots of Important Fixes:
- Some new plugin APIS:
A new method on CIImage:
- (BOOL)writeToURL:(NSURL*)fileURL withUTI:(NSString*)uti
A new method to implement for the ACPlugin protocol
A new method for finding the opaque bounds on layers:
- You can also now mess with a layer mask with these new methods on ACLayer:
- (id <ACMaskLayer>)mask;
- The plugin SDK has been moved to GitHub as well: https://github.com/ccgus/AcornSDK
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the extension for your filename would disappear in the save sheet.
- When using the various transform tools on a bitmap layer, the transform operation will now apply to the layer mask if it is linked.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes text boxes would not get their line heights correctly scaled when resizing an image.
- Fixed the little Purchase menu blip that you'd sometimes seen when starting up even though Acorn was registered already.
- Various fixes with the magic wand tool, including little speed improvements.
- Fixed a bug where you'd get interesting patterns in your selection in some cases with the magic wand tool.
- Fixed a bug where Acorn thought it would sometimes still have a selection when using the magic wand tool + intersection selection mode, where no intersection was produced.
- When exporting as PDF, Acorn will now create a document which respects the current DPI of the image.
- Fixed a bug with the Scale and Rotate transform tool, where you couldn't enter fractional values for the rotation field in the palette.
- Fixed a bug with the Add Border to Layer filter with Retina displays.
- Fixed a bug where zooming with the scroll wheel (hold down the option key for this!) would put the canvas in unexpected locations on retina displays.
- Fixed a bug where using the Scale And Rotate menu item on an even width/height image with a rotation of 180° would offset the image by 1 pixel.
- Fixed a bug where using the Edit ▸ Fill menu item to fill your image with a pattern would blur the pattern image.
- Fixed a bug in Web Export where the Save button wasn't enabled right away if you switched from saving as a PNG to a JPEG while the PNG was still being processed.
- Fixed a bug where the File ▸ Add Images… menu item would let you select a PDF, but wouldn't actually import it as a new layer to the image.
- Using the tab key to change fields in the Acorn Automator Crop Image Action (say it five times fast!) will no take you to the next field.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes flipping a layer vertical or horizontal would trim out some of the pixels.
- Fixed a bug where the trim bounds of a shape layer was sometimes wrong with multiple shapes.
- Various Retina display fixes with layered screenshots and zoom to fit, among other miscellaneous things.
- Fixed a bug where the file extension would not change correctly when changing the filetype in the Export sheet.
- Fixed a bug where Acorn would crash when making a new document if there was bad data on the clipboard.
- When duplicating a document, Acorn will notice if the rulers are showing and turn them on for the duplicated document if needed.
- Fixed a bug where Acorn wasn't auto-registering from MAS versions of Acorn that were sandboxed.
- Fixed a bug with the "New Image with Curved Drop Shadow" plugin on Retina MacBook Pros.
- Fixed a bug with Trim to Edges, where sometimes the canvas would grow if a layer extended outside the bounds of the canvas.
- Fixed a crasher when web exporting a completely transparent image with the trim and matte buttons checked.
Acorn 3.3 July 15, 2012
- Retina Canvas- Your images look absolutely beautiful on the new Retina MacBook Pros with a a 1 to 1 pixel mapping from the image to the screen. Hello super awesome high resolution!
- Trim out Selection! If you have a fully vertical or horizontal selection, holding down the option key will turn the Image ▸ Trim to Edges menu item into "Trim out Selection" which will slice out the current selection and squish the two endpoints of your image together (bitmap layers only).
- Smart Layer Export! Its like slices, but smarter.
- You can now convert the current selection into a layer mask just by invoking the Layer ▸ Add Layer Mask menu item when your selection is active. Rad.
- Awesome new feature- Reselect! The Select ▸ Reselect menu item will now remember whatever the last selection for your image was. So you can make up some fancy selection, clear it, and then use it again later on.
- New shortcuts for making selections from layers. Holding down the command key while clicking on a layer in the layers list has made a selection based off using the layer image as a mask. Now if you hold command + the shift key, the new mask will be added to an existing selection, command + option will subtract, and command + shift + option will intersect.
- In the resize canvas sheet, you can now use Command 1 through 9 on the number keypad to choose an anchor for the image. Command-1 corresponds to the lower left, Command-9 is the top right, Command-5 is in the middle, etc.
- New iPad presets in the new document window.
- Subtraction and intersection selection modes now works for the magic wand tool.
- The text system got a little makeover so rendering more closely matches what you see when editing a text box.
- You can now close open paths using the Layer ▸ Shape Align and Size ▸ Close Path menu item.
- Command-control-- can now be used as a shortcut to delete the selected layer style in the layer style palette.
- New contextual menu for selected shape layers for Send to Back / Bring to Front.
- The Web Export window now has a scaling option. The AppleScript and JSTalk interfaces have also been updated to take width and height properties.
Notes for the App Store version of Acorn which is now sandboxed:
- The magic Acorn uses to automatically change the file type popup as you type in the Save sheet no longer works, for your security.
- Using JSTalk to open up images that have not been recently opened will fail.
- Fixed a bug where selecting a shape close to a snap point would cause it to move, even if you hadn't moved the mouse after selecting it.
- Fixed a bug in the image resize sheet where certain calculations of the canvas size were off by 1.
- Fixed a bug where the Posterize Quartz Composition wouldn't show a good UI for setting its levels.
- Fixed a bug where the layers list would lose the current selection when using its contextual item to delete a layer which wasn't currently selected
- Fixed a bug where scaling an image with bezier paths wouldn't scale the path's stroke or gradient correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Hue Adjust layer style would show your saved style in radians instead of degrees.
- Fixed a display issue with the ruler when you had units set to Centimeters.
- Fixed a bug where origins on bitmap layers sometimes reset to zero when changing the color profile of the image.
- If you've go the canvas origin set to the top left, then the canvas grid will correctly now set its origin to this point.
- Once again, if you've go the canvas origin set to the top left then the palette's entry for the bounds of a selected shape are calculated correctly.
- Fixed a bug where a PSD layer limit was incorrectly being applied to 10.6 users (Sorry guys! It was only supposed to hit folks on 10.7.0-10.7.3! If you're running 10.7.4 or later, you're also OK. If not- what are you waiting for?)
- The iPhone Retina preset now has the same aspect ration of the old gen iPhone preset.
- Fixed a bug where resizing an image with the Simple Affine scaling algorithm would sometimes show a transparent edge on the right side of the image.
- Shape selection behavior when zoomed way in is better.
- Fixed a bug where merging of the visible layers would cause the final layer to always be placed at the bottom of the layer stack.
- Fixed a bug where expanding the canvas to fit the layers with a selection would sometimes move the selection to the wrong spot.
- Fixed some problems when you were zoomed way in and moving bezier shapes around + snap to pixels turned on.
- Fixed a regression where switching between two images would cause Acorn to forget which layer was selected.
- The opacity slider for the inner shadow layer style now shows as a percentage instead of a decimal number.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes moving the very first element of a bezier curve would cause your endpoints to go a little nuts.
- Fixed a bug where using the magic wand on a layer with multiple selections and transparent areas would sometimes redraw the transparent areas making it more opaque. Which probably isn't what you wanted.
- Fixed a bug on the OS THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED (10.8) where some JSTalk scripts would not work.
- Fixed a 10.7 bug where saving a document to a file that was already open in another window would cause Acorn to hang.
- Squashed a bug where starting a layered export to PNG and then canceling at just the right time would cause Acorn to beep at you on the next save.
- Fixed a bug where using the magic wand to add to a selection would sometimes shift the selection around.
- Fixed a bug where you could nudge the current crop marks outside the canvas when using the arrow keys (only when the crop was set to stay in the canvas).
- Copying a bitmap layer would sometimes cause changes from the original layer to show up on the copied layer. We have rectified this situation.
- Copy on shape layers no longer adds a border for the PDF representation.
Other interesting tidbits:
- Added a "New Shape Layer" menu item to the action menu of the Palette.
- Changed the "Zoom Tool" menu item to "Zoom" (under the View ▸ Tools menu), and renamed the Window ▸ Zoom menu item to "Zoom Window" (Pages does this as well, to avoid confusion with custom shortcuts).
- When transforming a selection, you can now use the arrow keys to move your selection around. Hold down the shift key to move 10x as fast!
- The trick to resize the brush tool (by holding down the control and option keys, click on the canvas, and moving the mouse back and forth) now works for the smudge, dodge, burn, and clone tools.
- If the brush or pencil tool is selected, pressing the '5' will set the opacity of the tool to 50%, '3' to 30%, and '0' to 100%. Previously this would change the opacity of the layer (which is still true when the move and other tools are selected).
- When trimming an image, the bounds for invisible layers will no longer be taken into account.
- If you start a selection and move the mouse outside the window and stop, Acorn would stop the selection even if you had more room to scroll around in. In 99% of the cases, this isn't what you wanted- so now Acorn will continue scrolling if you stop moving the mouse outside the window.
- Trying something new- previously if you managed to start creating a shape without a fill or stroke, Acorn would turn on the fill. In 3.3 we've changed that to turning on the stroke with a value of 1.
- Undo when moving vector shapes is quite a bit faster.
- Reworked the warning you get when trying to trim an image without any transparent edges. It is now 84% more accurate.
- The tool palette no longer goes transparent in full screen, because this was kind of annoying. You can use the Tab key to quickly toggle the tool palette's visibility.
- The shortcut to show and hide the grid now works when you're rotating the image.
- When merging visible layers, Acorn will combine all the images into a new layer - and now it'll use the name of the selected layer (assuming it's visible) for the new composited image.
- The layer styles fx symbol in the layers list now dims when layer styles are disabled.
- Various little speed improvements when layers styles are enabled.
- You can now remove a gradient stop-point by moving it off the edge of the preview either left or right, in addition to below as it's always been.
- Flipping a layer in place now keeps it within the layer's opaque bounds.
- When you have a group layer selected and you copy + paste to a new image- instead of a composite of all the images the whole group with layers preserved are pasted.
- You can now use the various selection tools on a hidden layer.
- If you have multiple points selected in a bezier path, pressing the delete key now removes all of them instead of the first one Acorn comes across.
- New API for plugin authors- the document class now implements firstLayerWithName:, which will return the first layer it finds with the given name.
- The formatters in the filter panels no longer use commas in the numbers because that got really annoying.
- Now signing with Developer ID, for your security.