VoodooPad 2.0.1: Dec. 20, 2004
VoodooPad 2.0: Dec. 6, 2004
- [VP] Fixed a bug on XML export.
- [VP] Fixed a crasher on 10.2 when sending an email from Mail.app (how's that for obscure?).
- [VP/VPL] VoodooPad Lite now gets access to the global search function.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a text shifting bug.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a text strike-out bug.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a word count bug for 10.2
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a crasher with the AddressBook plugin
- [VP] Fixed a bug where sketch would improperly clip the drawing.
VoodooPad 2.0 b4/fc1: Nov. 26, 2004
- [VP/VPL] Final Release.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed one itty bitty potential crasher.
VoodooPad 2.0 b3: Nov. 18, 2004
- [VP/VPL] Added \xA0 to the list of chars used as whitespace.
- [VP] Fixed some plugin bugs where reindexing didn't work.
- [VP] The addressbook plugin updates it's list of links when it receives notifications that changes were made from the AddreessBook
- [VP/VPL] Worked around what looks like a bug in the iPod Notes linking by putting a space in front of the page title name for the root links.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a couple of iPod notes export bugs, having to do with alias links and addressbook links.
- [VP/VPL] Now showing the page name in the pages list, instead of the alias.
- [VP] Fixed a bug which cause VP to not run plugins from applescript.
- [VP] Updated AppleScript documentation.
- [VP/VPL] Running the page as a script did not always work when the text was interpreted as ascii. Now it's being run with a utf8 encoding.
VoodooPad 2.0 b2: Oct. 30, 2004
- [VP/VPL] New listing in the document properties that counts the number of pages.
- [VP/VPL] CJK words now link again.
- [VP] Updated and fixed a bug in the recently updated window.
- [VP] Encrypted pages now remember keychain passwords between encrypts/decrypts.
- [VP] No longer asking for a password during encrypt when it's in the keychain. Hold down option which choosing encrypt to bring up the sheet.
- [VP] Holding down option while decrypting a page will delete the password from the keychain if it's in there.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a problem where you could not create newlines at the end of a document if the last line started with a bullet.
- [VP/VPL] Fixes for setting the potential and url link colors.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a problem where multiple back and forward buttons would show up in the toolbar.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a bug where you could not create a bullet point on the very last line.
- [VP/VPL] Now throwing up a message about the underlines being turned off when it's used, and turned off.
- [VP] Added a new applescript object, Page- which represents a page in the document.
- [VP] Fixed a crasher in the backlinks drawer.
- [VP] Fixed the Alphabetize plugin so that it'll sort the currently selected range if given.
- [VP] XML import will now set the correct font for imports with just plain text.
- [VP/VPL] Cancel button added to page info sheet.
- [VP] Fixed a crasher with make bullet item, and blank pages.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a couple of situations where the case of the new page wasn't preserved for the text on the new page.
- [VP/VPL] Updated the intro text.
- [VP] Backlinks show the alias of the page link, instead of the key so we get uppercase letters in there.
- [VP] Reworked how VoodooPad grabs info in the backlinks controller a little bit, to hopefully fix a crasher. (damn threads)
- [VP] Autocomplete uses the case of the alias, if it's the same as the page name.
- [VP] HTML export doesn't use filenames over 32 chars, because .mac doesn't seem to like that.
- [VP] VoodooPad now becomes the active application when an ODB/"Edit in BBEdit" file closes.
- [VP] Fixed a bug with "Edit in ..." where when a save was done, it wasn't reflected in the page.
- [VP] Removed the Bullet item from the clippings menu, and added a clipping that gives a little bit of information as to what the Clippings folder is for.
- [VP] Got rid of a hanging indent when the bullet list ends by a double return.
- [VP/VPL] Set the first couple of characters of a new documents "index" page to the default font, so when you select all and delete, it ends up being the font you have chosen in the prefs.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a crasher in the document properties window when trying to configure a local file url that doesn't exist anymore.
- [VP/VPL] VoodooPad now throws up a warning when you try and link an image or other attachment.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a problem when dropping filenames with umlauts into VoodooPad.
VoodooPad 2.0 b1:
- [VP/VPL] VoodooPad now launches and works on 10.2
- [VP] Got rid of the blue title bars in the sheets.
- [VP] Updated the registration panel to take the name of the 1.x serial number, in case it's different from the 2.0 serial.
- [VP] Fixed an alias resolving problem with the help of James Stein
- [VP] Fixed a crasher that had to do with the backlinks drawer and creating new pages.
- [VPL] Fixed a problem where VoodooPad Lite wasn't remembering it's saved workspace
- [VPL] Keeping the menu items around, but disabled so VoodooPad Lite users can see what they are missing out on.
- [VPL] Removed the backlinks pulldown menu item from the drawer, since that's for the full version.
- [VP/VPL] Moved file links in the drawer to it's own pulldown
- [VP/VPL] Moved credits out of the About box into it's own window.
- [VP/VPL] VP now asks (once) at startup if you want to auto check for updates or not.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a problem where if you had two documents open and you created a new page with command-n, sometimes the page would ask to be created in the wrong document.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a page renaming problem that threw up an assertion error.
- [VP/VPL] Link attributes no longer carry over to the next line when a newline is inserted in the middle of a link.
- [VP] The escape key now closes the AddressBook popup window
- [VP/VPL] You can create a page named "newpagetemplate" where you can place a template of what you want new pages to look like. Place the string "$title$" anywhere you want and it will be substituted for the name of the new page, $date$ for the date. Color, bold, center text- it'll remember it for the new page. Go wild.
- [VP/VPL] New toolbar icon for pages list.
- [VP] No longer marking up addressbook links for html export
- [VP] Added a call to the plugin manager for plugins to register an applescript name, for cases where they don't show up in a menu.
- [VP/VPL] New format for the documentation layout
- [VP/VPL] Reseting the tail indent for print operations to be equal to the print page if it goes over.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a bug where paragraph line spacing was removed when using "make bullet point"
- [VP] Double clicking a plugin is a bit more reliable now.
- [VP] Spelling fixes.
- [VP/VPL] You can delete pages from the backlinks/pages drawer now.
- [VP/VPL] Append selection to page now works correctly if the new page doesn't exist yet.
- [VP] Moved the HTML Preview into a separate downloadable plugin.
- [VP] Auto-bullets no longer removes the paragraph attributes for the next line- so double spacing will be remembered.
- [VP/VPL] links starting with capital umlauts now work.
VoodooPad 2.0 a2:
- [VP] New, customizable easter eggs!
- [VP] New property for the html export when called from applescript- "shouldMarkup", set to true/false
VoodooPad 2.0 a1:
- [VP] New document properties/info window.
- [VP] You can now change the default page to something other than 'index' on a per document basis.
- [VP] Moved the rename page functionality to the page info sheet.
- [VP] Fixed toolbar issue with the decrypt/encrypt button displaying the wrong label after getting the page info.
- [VP] Improved ipod notes export.
- [VP] Holding down the 'd' key while moving the mouse will draw in sketch. This feature is useful for users with track-pads.
- [VP] New pref to automatically check for updates at launch.
- [VP] Move the page information into a sheet.
- [VP] Now showing the number of backlinks to a page in the backlinks drawer.
- [VP] Fixed VP so that you can't sketch, link, delete, etc, for an encrypted page.
- [VP] Undo now works for Alphabetize in plugins menu.
- [VP] Auto-Bullets now behave a little nicer when hitting return twice.
- [VP] Fixed a data-loss problem when "open in new windows" is unchecked, and the backlinks window is open.
- [VP] General find improvements.
- [VP] No longer showing the NSProgressIndicator in the find window and backlinks drawer when it's not animated.
- [VP] Selecting "New Page" when there is no document open, now just creates a new Document instead of asking what you want the page to be, and then creating a new document.
- [VP] New pref for url/plugin link colors
- [VP] Markup now handles urls and email addresses better.
- [VP] Import folders and multiple files as pages.
- [VP] HTML export now validates as xml (and let us know if you find otherwise).
- [VP] A new document pref "allow injected links from plugins" which will turn off or on the ability for plugins to add links to the current document.
- [VP] You can now set the file extension for html export via the "call plugin" command in applescript, with the property "fileExtension"
- [VP] Various ABPlugin improvements.
- [VP] Fancy new wiki parsing/markup engine that fixes alot of outstanding bugs.
- [VP] Cmd-f is now find in page, cmd-shift-f has been assigned to find in document.
- [VP] XML import/export understands the modified and create dates of the pages.
- [VP] Now saving documents when vp quits if the "Save document when window loses focus or VoodooPad quits" pref is set.
- [VP] Threading the markup of the pages if the amount of text in a page is large.
- [VP] Dragging and dropping page names from the titles list is now possible.
- [VP] Dragging text out with the command key down will remove the selected text from the originating page.
- [VP] Support for NetNewsWire's external editor interface.
- [VP] Sketch now resizes a little nicer.
- [VP] "Import files and folders" now no longer imports files that start with a '.'
- [VP] Cancel now works for items in the activities window.
- [VP] You can cancel activities like html export and so on.
- [VP] "Online Wiki Editing" has be re-enabled.
- [VP] Fixed a bug in single window mode where opening an existing page would clobber the back history.
- [VP] Command-clicking in single window mode opens up a new window.
- [VP] Fixed a bug where multiple back/forward buttons would show up in the toolbar.
- [VP] New plugin to export all pages as Word.
- [VP] Assertion dialog is now a bit more friendly.
- [VP] Alpahbitize plugin now remembers rich text.
- [VP] Prefrences now uses a toolbar and does the whole swoosh window resizing stuff.
- [VP] Changed the prefs file to com.flyingmeat.VoodooPad like a good developer should have done a long time ago.
- [VP] If no documents are open, and voodoopad is activated, vp will re-open it's last open document.
VoodooPad 1.1.4: April 20 2004
- [VP] Lots of new things. I probably should have written them down.
VoodooPad 1.1.3: March 16, 2004
- [VP/VPL] Fixed XML import bug.
- [VP/VPL] Moved documentation to localized resource.
- [VP/VPL] Export and import XML now saves and reads RTFD data as base64 (in addition to regular text), so formatting is retained, and as a side effect, you can now merge documents this way without losing formatting.
- [VP/VPL] VoodooPad is now 100% carb free, Atkins friendly.
VoodooPad 1.1.3b2: March 12, 2004
- [VP/VPL] 1.1.3 Final release.
VoodooPad 1.1.3b1: March 6, 2004
- [VP/VPL] Improved print handling.
- [VP/VPL] iPod export bugs fixed.
VoodooPad 1.1.2: February 4, 2004
- [VP/VPL] Updated document icon.
- [VP/VPL] A problem with image files being left open when dropped onto VoodooPad has been corrected.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a crashing bug with the find window.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a bug where exporting large notes to iPods was not breaking up and continuing properly.
- [VP/VPL] Cleaned up iPod Notes export html.
- [VP] The Index toolbar button now works when editing a remote wiki.
- [VP] Info and Delete toolbar buttons are now disabled when editing a remote wiki since they don't do anything.
- [VP] HTML export has been cleaned up a little bit.
- [VP] Updated French localization.
VoodooPad 1.1.2b2: January 26, 2004
- [VP/VPL] New icons.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a potential problem if the font Helvetica wasn't installed.
1.1.2b1: January 15, 2004
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a printing layout bug.
- [VP/VPL] Updated German localization.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a crash with file url's and %'s.
- [VP] Fixed a problem where turning on and off highlighting could lose some text formatting.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a problem where aliases were not being linked to correctly.
- [VP/VPL] Shortcut for opening up page info (shift-command-i).
- [VP/VPL] Fixed modifiers for opening windows behind the current one on panther.
- [VP/VPL] Dragging and dropping text clippings now does the Right Thing™
VoodooPad 1.1.1: December 1, 2003
- [VP] Added AppleScript support for exporting a document.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a problem where double clicking on a .vdoc in the finder sometimes opened up two documents on initial launch.
- [VP] Updated dutch localization.
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a crash on exit.
- [VP/VPL] Support for more image file types to paste in.
- [VP/VPL] Setting the default font for a page when the text is empty, instead of defaulting to Helvetica
- [VP/VPL] Breaking up pages over 4000 chars in length on iPod Notes export.
- [VP/VPL] Updated documentation
- [VP/VPL] Fixed a problem where Cmd-L wouldn't open up a multi-word link (which was already defined) when none of the text was selected.
- [VP] Fixed a bug where the Recently Updated list wouldn't open a page if it contained a '.
- [VP] Registration sheet will now remove multiline entries, and just use the first line for the registration.
- [VP/VPL] Added "Run" toolbar button
- Fixed a problem with html exports and the '/' character being in a page title
- Fixed a problem with "open existing page" sheet and new documents.
VoodooPad 1.1.1b2: November 23, 2003
- Global find pasteboard fix.
- Fix for list jumping in page info window.
- Documentation updates.
- Fixed a couple of Prefrences update bugs.
VoodooPad 1.1.1b1: November 13, 2003
- Added "Paste with Current Style" menu option
- Removed the Command-E binding for export as HTML
- Command-E is now bound to putting the currently selected text to the global find pasteboard. (Like all good Cocoa/OSX applications do).
- Added "Export as Text files..." as another export option
- Changed the "Insert" menu into a clippings menu- place text files in the ~/Library/Application Support/VoodooPad/Clippings/ folder and they will show up in this menu. The menu is also part of the contextual menu for the text editing area.
- Fixed a couple of problems with combo boxes
- Fixed a problem with loading files from the resource. (stringByAddingPercentEscapes)
- Now showing the help window on startup of new releases. Only happens on the first launch.
VoodooPad 1.1: October 12, 2003
- Improved html linking
- French Localization (Thanks to Martin Jean!)
- Save as Word Document (10.3 only)
- Link auto-complete (10.3 only)
- New "recently updated" window list.
- Underline and font color change are now allowed.
- New "Insert" menu for bullets and current date
- New "Move Selection To New Page" menu item.
- Added rdar:// url scheme (even though it's only good for Apple employees- maybe they should buy a site license just because of this amazing feature :)
VoodooPad 1.1 fc 1: October 6, 2003
- Final release.
- Documentation updates.
- Brought back the parsing chars as a hidden pref named "parsingCharacters" - set via the VoodooPad.plist file.
VoodooPad 1.1 beta 2: September 29, 2003
- Fixed a linking bug where when a new page is created, all instances of that word were not underlined.
- Fixed a couple of problems with the old "VoodooPadFAQ" and "HelpPad" pages.
- Fixed a sometimes-crashing bug when dropping files into a page.
- Fixed a problem with umlauts in iPod Notes folder export.
VoodooPad 1.1 beta 1: September 18, 2003
- The default page "HomePad" has been deprecated and "Index" is now used instead. Any pads without an Index page, but contain a HomePad page will open up like the old way.
- Fixed a bug in the html generation for html export
- Placing _'s in place of spaces for html export file names, and changing characters with umlauts to 2 chars.
- Removed the "parse chars" from the prefrences as it is no longer necessary to change it for anything.
- Moved the faq and help file out of the document and into html files where it belongs.
- Fixed a problem with 10.3, where the data wasn't backwards compatible with 10.2
- A much more complete German localization (Thanks to Dr. Uwe Werner!)
VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 8: July 14, 2003
- Lots of little misc. bug fixes.
- Fixed undo crashes.
- Improved new page templates- you can now have the date of page creation appear.
- New "Open pages in new windows" menu item which just sets the pref.
- HTML export now includes images, and adds improves formatting of text.
- The four space limit on links is now gone.
- Improved url detection.
- You can now setup a template for html export by creating a page called "vphtmltemplate". Placing $vptitle will be substituted for the page title, and $vppage will be substituted for the page. This feature will also allow you to put in custom css information.
- Fixed a problem with the service menu where multiple pages were created under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a couple of xml import problems.
- Added an auto-save preference.
- Added "remote wiki" editing support.
- Known Issues-
- Remote wiki editing doesn't know about new pages that are created on the server.
- Images are not saved to the web version of the wiki server.
- The wiki api will most certainly change in a future release, as feedback and requests are given.
VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 7: July 8, 2003
- Added a new Pref where you can control what a default page looks like.
- Fixed a bug where links would not work if the default font was not found.
VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 6: June 12, 2003
- Fixed (again) a problem where file drops and pages with the same name would cause unexpected behavior.
- Fixed a problem where links with the german sharp s in them would corrupt the .vdoc
- Fixed a problem (and changing the file format in the process) where certain characters would cause pages to be unarchivable- this problem became apparent when using the Zaphino font and using certain glyphs.
- Added the ability to create aliases for url's, so you don't have to type out the whole http://.../ to link to a website. This functionality has been added to the "Page Info" window.
- Fixed a problem where the document's dirty bit wasn't updating properly
- Brought the font panel back in the prefs so you can change the default font.
- Fixed some problems where lists were not updated when deletes occured.
- New link,back,forward, and delete contextual menu items.
- Started German/Dutch some localization
- Added an Import menu item that will assist in importing text, rtf, and rtfd documents.
- Create a new document when trying to create a new page and no documents are open.
- Fixed a problem where deleting a page would sometimes crash VoodooPad
VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 5: May 26, 2003
- Fixed a problem with finding text that exists in a page, but VP doesn't see it.
- Fixed some memory leaks.
- Fixed a problem where serialized data was deleted out of the .vdoc file, and it couldn't be unarchived
- Fixed a drag and drop problem, where if VP wasn't in the forground, file drops would not link up.
- Fixed a bug where files weren't linked in a html export.
- Fixed a bug where pages were made for file refs in various exports
- Moved the "use metal windows" switch from the command line to a real button in the prefs window.
- Added a pref to have VP export to a subfolder under the Notes folder.
VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 4: May 21, 2003
- Added a toolbar to the linkables window, with open and delete buttons. (You can now delete file links this way)
- New/Updated icons
- Fixed a problem with single window mode, when multiple documents were open at the same time.
- Moved the info drawer to a new window.
- Removed the SWM toolbar icon.
- Dynamically insert/remove the back and forward buttons in the toolbar depending on your window preferences.
- Removed extra warning when exporting to iPod notes and no iPod volume is mounted.
- Added the ability to have "aliases" to a page, which can be setup in the "Page Info" window. The ability to do the same to url's will probably be in the next release.
VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 3: May 13, 2003
- You can now have multiple pads open at the same time.
- Open existing page sheet now works nicer.
- Delete page has been improved (internal).
- Added a new "Default Shell" preference- so you can run pages as scripts without having a #!/bin/sh (or whatever you prefer) at the top.
- Now remembering the window positions.
- New File submenu- "Export" with the three usual export options plus a new one- "Export To Folder as RTFD..."
VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 2: May 11, 2003
- Fixed a problem where an assertion failed when trying to get a window's title
- New feature- when you drag and drop an image into a page, it will ask you if you want to paste in the image, or link to it.
- No longer give a warning if you are trying to link a file into a page that's already known in the document.
- Made the "New Folder" button for the html export a little cleaner
- Fixed a bug where exporting the doc to the iPod contacts folder failed.
Lots of little bug fixes, including:
There is now a new program to convert and create voodoopad files (vpxvert) from existing data sources- this will be updated over time. This app is also open source, and available in the VoodooPad extras section.
- Fixed a bug where you could open more than one window in SingleWindowMode
- Fixed the double spacing issue with the ipod export notes problem.
- #139 - Fixed the BR html tag showing up in the export to notes.
- #147 -Redid the wording on the export menu options, and added a "New Folder" button
- When moving into single window mode, and multiple windows are open- the last window brought to front is the one kept open.
- Fixed a problem when creating new pages in SWM, and the pages not showing up.
- #155 - Spaces are now added to the end of file drops so you can drag a bunch of files in succession, and it won't be some big jumbled mess.
- #154 - You can now drag and drop multiple files onto voodoopad, and the will app link up. Previous behavior only linked up the first one.
- #145 - Fixed the linkables window to update on time
- Auto-Report button now actually works (seen when there's a failed assertion)
VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 1:
VoodooPad beta 8:
- Fixed a problem with exporting as html when the export folder could not be found.
- Added a "Delete Page" menu item to the Edit menu
- Fixed the Print toolbar button.
- A bunch of other fixes that I forgot.
VoodooPad beta 7:
- New HomePad toolbar button.
VoodooPad beta 5:
- Export to html now links file url's correctly.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- "Single Window Mode" implemented from browser-like interface.
- New preference to open up last opened document.
- Added export to ipod.
- VoodooPad now keeps formatting of the text.
- You can now paste/drop in images.
- Uses Alias Manager to keep track of files now instead of using absolute paths.
- Added services menu.
- New menu commands "New Pad" and "New Document" which is less confusing when creating new items.
- New menu command "Open Pad" which will give an auto-complete list of all pads.
- Fixed a problem where if the pad data was corrupt, the window would not show. Now the window shows with an error message.
- Command-clicking on a link opens it in the background.
- Status text at the bottom of the window describing the link (Safari style).
- Fixed a bug where empty pads wouldn't open correctly.
Copyright © 2004-2015 Flying Meat Inc.