May 8, 2023
gus@srv:~/Projects/acorn7/. $ ./bin/pxbuild.sh -e 7.4.2
That's how a new build of Acorn gets pushed up (mostly). Which means Acorn 7.4.2 is out and available via the Acorn ▸ Check for Updates… menu item, or your local Mac App Store. And I'm feeling slightly lazy so I'm just going to copy and paste the release notes for you:
# New Screenshot Stuff.
- Delayed layered screenshot: Hold down the option key when choosing the Image ▸ New Image from Layered Screenshot menu item and Acorn will wait an extra 10 seconds before taking the screenshot. This is awesome if you want to quickly switch to another app and open up a menu item.
- New Shortcuts action to take screenshots. Layered or not, with or without shadows, only for a certain app, and even with a little delay. MacOS 11+ only.
- New AppleScript command "screenshot" which you can use to take a layered screenshot, with various options including an option to only capture a specific app. Here's an example: tell application "Acorn" to screenshot app "Mail" delay 4 with layers and hiding shadows. You can also use "bundle identifier" instead of "app" to target a specific app name.
# Fixes and Other Stuff Pertaining to the Clone Tool.
- New option "Hide clone source widget" in the palette, which does exactly what it says on the tin.
- Pressing the shift key now shows the correct stamp preview.
- Other little tweaks, such as updating the hint text correctly.
# More Fixes
- Fixed a problem where the quick mask tool wouldn't work correctly on M1 & M2 Macs with a 64 bit image.
- Fixed a redraw problem when entering full screen when the grid was showing (and you had "Super scrollable canvas" turned off).
- Fixed a problem where the perspective transform tool wouldn't give a correct preview.
Next up: Acorn 7.4.3 obviously. (And don't worry Retrobatch folks - I've got stuff coming for you as well).