Make sure to check out the new wiki located at http://flyingmeat.com/wikka/. This one will eventually be retired.
New in VoodooPad 3.0:
Open up multiple pages in the same window using tabs. Command click on a link to open it in a new tab, or right click on a link and choose "Open Link in New Tab". (And you can still open up pages in new windows by holding down shift-command when clicking on a link)
Search in VoodooPad is lightning fast now, and returns results in record times.
Support for big documents
Stuff gigabytes of data inside a VoodooPad document, it won't mind. A new file format makes saving documents super quick as well.
A user can paste content from any LinkBack-enabled application into VoodooPad and reopen that content later for editing with just a double-click. See http://www.linkbackproject.org/ for more info.
Embed images, pdfs, and other types of files.
The improved file format for VoodooPad 3.0 means you can embed files such as images, pdfs, mp3s, and most other types of files as well. VoodooPad also includes a new PDF Service so you can print from any application directly into VoodooPad.
Edit your pages in full screen mode, to keep you focused on the task at hand.
Script Plugins are an easy way to extend the functionality of VoodooPad. Download new plugins or write your own.
VoodooPad sheds the drawer and moves content out into easy to use palettes. Find your backlinks, pages list, categories, recently updated pages, and (new for 3.0) recently visited pages quick and easily.
A new text styles palette lets you add and apply text styles to your pages.
VoodooPad has a new preference pane where you can set and change the menu item shortcuts. So if you don't like that a certain plugin has no shortcut- now you've got an easy way to fix it!
Merge and Split
Merge two VoodooPad documents together using the import menu option, or split pages from a document into a new file to slim things down a bit.
Improvements and Other New Stuff
- Rulers stay in place now when moving from page to page.
- Smooth lines for sketch
- Clippings folder now supports RTFD files
- Sending by mail now includes images
- New Web Export date placeholders
- Upgraded linking engine recognizes CJK links without spaces, and much more.
- Copy no longer copies links that are only good to VoodooPad
- Plain text pages
- New package file format which is subversion friendly
- Double clicking an image will now prompt you to save the image to disk
- New toolbar buttons
- Window and tab states are now stored in the document
- Updates to the plugin api
- New preference to choose wether or not to use the default welcome text for new documents
- The open page panel is no longer case sensitive
- New applescript command "current page name" to get the name of the front most page
There's a new addition to the VoodooPad family for the 5% of you who want some crazy advanced features. And here's what it has:
Document level encryption
Have every bit of your VoodooPad document protected by a password, and not just on a page by page basis.
A handy way to script VoodooPad when certain events occur such as a new page being created or deleted, documents opening or closing, files being written on web export and more.
Assign meta data to an individual page which can be used for whatever you'd like, and access them in script plugins or triggers.
A built in webserver to share your pages with friends or co-workers on your local network without any pain. Bonjour support so you don't have to hand around cryptic urls.